Monday, December 12, 2011

Dragonfly in Amber :: 100%


I am so sad to say that I didn't really enjoy this book. If I wasn't so invested in the story of Jamie and Claire, I think I would have probably set it down and not picked it up again for some time. The historical aspects overwhelmed the book. I often found myself just skimming instead of actually reading, just in hopes of getting through the chapter. The secondary and minor characters didn't hold my attention in the least and I wasn't interested in any of their stories. There might be the small exception of Fergus, I did get a little attached to that boy.  


The most redeeming quality of the book, for me, was the last chapter and that alone had me wanting to continue on to the third book in the series. However, I think I am going to take a break from the Outlander series and read some library books that are due soon instead. Maybe by the time I am ready to give Jamie and Claire another shot, Voyager will be available for me from the library! 

No comments:

Post a Comment