Thursday, January 12, 2012

January Challenge

For those of you that aren't members of goodreads.com but are avid readers....go! Go join! I am addicted to this website and even more so, I am addicted to the group Never too old for for YA groups. There are is an awesome group of people there who make me laugh and are just as addicted to books as I am! Not only that but I have discovered so many great books through these ladies!

For a few different reasons, I have not yet continued the Outlander series. I still need to read Voyager. One of the reasons that I have not continued was because I got annoyed with the back and forth between time. The big reason though is that I am participating in (yet another) challenge. This one is from the group I mentioned above. For January, the challenge is contemporary romance. I have been so stuck on paranormal for so long that this challenge was a welcome and well needed change. I have been flying through these books! So that is the reason I have disappeared and there hasn't been many updates. However, I think what I am going to start doing is just sharing my reviews from Goodreads onto the blog. It seems simple enough to do!

That being said, they will have to be tweaked a little because generally I don't put a summary of the book on my reviews. I don't go through plot lines or give play by plays of the book. I am not that great of a reviewer but I am pretty good at giving my opinion and that is exactly what I do when it comes to books. I will tell you if I enjoyed it, if the characters drove me insane, if it feels like the book was rushed or if it was paced too slowly. Those are the kinds of things that you can expect from my reviews. Sometimes I don't have a lot to say, sometimes I do but no matter if it is pages long or a few sentences, you will definitely know if I think a book is worth your time or not.

With all that said, soon enough you will be seeing some of those 'opinion reviews' popping up!

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment