Friday, January 20, 2012

Love Story, Jennifer Echols

Love StoryLove Story by Jennifer Echols

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

((Blurb taken from Goodreads.com)) For Erin Blackwell, majoring in creative writing at the New York City college of her dreams is more than a chance to fulfill her ambitions—it’s her ticket away from the tragic memories that shadow her family’s racehorse farm in Kentucky. But when she refuses to major in business and take over the farm herself someday, her grandmother gives Erin’s college tuition and promised inheritance to their maddeningly handsome stable boy, Hunter Allen. ((Read more at Goodreads.com))


If I could give this book a 2.5 star rating I would but only for Hunter and the horses. I want to start off by saying I LOVE Jennifer Echols. I have adored every single book of hers I have read so far and that, I think, was why I was so disappointed with this book. The beginning was great, I loved how we got little glimpses of the characters through their stories I thought it was an amazing writing device. I loved Hunter and adored everything there was about him for the first half of the book. I loved him sleeping on her roommates bed, I loved all the little details and I loved how Erin loved New York but missed the horses back home. What I didn't love is hidden behind the spoiler tag.

The rest of this review contains SPOILERS. Do not continue reading if you don't want spoilers about the book!!!

((Image found on google images!)) 


I did not love how Erin developed into this strange, jumping to conclusions, whiny girl. I did not love how very unclear the story was. Was Hunter in it for the money? Did he care about her at all? If he really loved her from the time they were younger, why even agree to the arrangement? Was he in love with her when he slept with her? Were they together in the end? How the heck did that happen? Did they lose their grants/scholarships? Will they finish school? The last half book was just so amazingly unclear and the ending was so abrupt that I actually thought my Kindle had broken and the pages weren't flipping like they should. I ended this book frowning and that just made so disappointed because I felt like so much more could have been done...it seemed unfinished.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment