Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Unofficial Zack Warren Fan Club

The Unofficial Zack Warren Fan ClubThe Unofficial Zack Warren Fan Club by J.C. Isabella

Welcome to the big leagues. To secrets and scandals. It's all about the game. Who's playing. Who's not. Who has no idea about the game. And...wait, what game are we playing?
I'll leave that for you to decide. 

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This wasn't a bad book. It was somewhat interesting but the writing style kind of threw me off. It just didn't seem to flow well, some scenes were not well set and there were some grammar and formatting issues. Normally I wouldn't do a story summary at all but the one above (taken from goodreads.com) is only part of what was listed at goodreads and the whole thing was really, really long so I will briefly give you a little insight into what the book was about. Basically, Chloe had a crush on Zack since she was a kid. She makes a fan club and the club grows and grows...and Chloe grows out of the club but the other members don't. It's a secret that is hard to keep once her mom marries Zack's dad and they are suddenly step siblings.

The story line was interesting but I think it could have been fleshed out more and there could have been more tension built up. There was the potential for a lot of drama and emotional outbursts but the author didn't really develop those. The outbursts that did occur seemed forced and out of place. I wasn't really interested in it, I didn't really HAVE to know how it finished like I do with some books. I finished it because it was okay. I think the author has a lot of promise and I would like to read another of their books later on after she's developed a little bit more. I got this book for .99 from Amazon and, like I said, it wasn't a horrible read...just needed a bit more work to be a really good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment