Saturday, February 4, 2012

Shelf Candy Saturday


Shelf Candy Saturday is a fun feature that is hosted by Fivealarmbookreviews.com. The purpose is to show off book covers that we think are exceptionally beautiful/intriguing or just interesting!


I chose Providence by Jamie McGuire. I actually got this book before I read any of her other books only because I adored the cover. Usually I go for bright, bold colors but the black and white tones in this cover struck me as hauntingly beautiful. I'll be honest, I had no idea what the book was about when I purchased it but I was so intrigued! I wanted to know where he was at, why is he by himself? Is that a bag in his hand? Is he homeless? Are those churches in the back with the tall steeples or is it set in a different sort of time period than the modern age? The clouds are beautiful and slightly ominous, giving a feeling of heaviness despite them being the brightest thing on the cover. I even like the font that the title is written in though I don't like the signature typeface as much.

Tomorrow we'll get back on track with our 'booking through Sunday' feature and another review is coming up soon. Be forewarned, it is Shifter month so there will be quite a few shifter reviews coming up. I started off on a good note with Tales of Lunarmorte (series) by Samantha Young, hopefully I continue finding great, exciting reads!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jamie,

    Lovely new blog! I'm a book publicist and would love to send you some review requests on behalf of my author clients. If you're interested, please contact me at mayra.calvani@gmail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the eerie look. The fog, the simplicity... Pure awesome sauce.

    ReplyDelete